Time: Every other Tuesday from 8:30 - 9:30am
Facilitator: Felix Paulick - please contact Felix for information on how to join the group
The issues we examine and help solve include:
- Examining the negative effects of unresolved family-of-origin issues in childhood, which
currently are interfering in one's adult life.
- Pornography use and Internet cybersex
- Past and present abuse (sexual, physical, verbal, emotional) and other traumas that make men ashamed of their sexuality.
- Misconceptions about sexual behavior and bad role models that can damage or even ruin your intimate relationships.
You are appropriate for this group, if:
- Behave in sexually compulsive ways and have unsuccessfully tried to stop.
- Have ever suffered overt or covert sexual abuse in childhood and adulthood (such as rape and/or inappropriate sexual behaviors and/or harassment from others).
- Want to increase your sexual confidence and self-esteem, and integrate your sex life into your life as a whole.
In group, there is talking, crying, laughing, and learning to become not just comfortable with men's sexuality, but proud of it. To do so, we must identify-and modify-any behaviors or attitudes that steer men away from joyous, loving relationships which are also sexually gratifying.
childhood trauma. Often it is based in childhood sexual, physical and emotional abuse or neglect. The individual is usually terrified of adult intimacy and uses the sexual acting out (SAO) behaviors as a way to avoid it unconsciously. Therapists often misdiagnose this disorder because of the stigma attached to sexual behaviors.
successfully treating the individual. This requires the therapist and client to be comfortable with talking about and listening to the SAO behaviors without judgment.
We invite you to join us—and be surprised at how other men in all walks of life are grappling with the same challenges! We would need to meet for an initial evaluation to establish if you are right for the group and if the group is right for you.